Redaktion on Fri, 4 May 2001 12:58:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] hardend fronts

http://www.i-love-u.ch

Dear cup of real coffee.

Saw you yesterday, held by old Officer Jake, in one of the food tents by
the lake. Remember? Jake talked. He talked loudly, he talked about those
new machine guns and his old fish-hooks; he told us everything he knew
about deep-sea fishing and hunting; he talked so loudly, you maybe
didn’t even hear me, when I called you. You didn’t, right?
We’ve got something in common, did you know? They finally closed the
frontiers the other night, it's all over now. Both of us, you and me,
are among the last they managed to reach the camps with. And when it's
time for us to be smoked or drunken, today, tomorrow or the day after,
here it’s going to be time again for wheat coffee and cigarettes made of
grass – a horrible time for our soldiers.
But even though it’s tough now to reach the enemy’s side, to slip
through gun fire, exploding grenades and bombs dropping continuously, I
hear that some guys tried to pass the frontier this morning, as there,
on the other side, they are still going to have real coffee and
cigarettes in a couple of weeks. So our fellows left their camp around
midnight and reached the frontier. There they disappeared, that’s what
I’ve been told. Officer Jake was among them, and if he’s not gonna
reappear in some sick bay somewhere around within the next couple of
days, it’s most likely they shot him.
So will I ever see you again, now that Jake’s gone? Jake kept me under
his mattress, as I have always been his favourite, his darling. Now that
he's gone, I easily might be smoked today by some other soldier I don’t
even know. And I don’t know where you are now or how to find you among
all this fake coffee around. So, with this I’d like to tell you goodbye
and pray for that you never forget me and that I-love-u.

Yours truly,
the cigarette.

visit http://www.i-love-u.ch

may issue 2001: "hardend fronts"

monthly appearing e-zine for multimedia art,
monthly changing subject, no-commerce platform for cyber-artists,
photographers, screen-designer, e-musicians, movie-makers, comic-developers...

visit http://www.i-love-u.ch

our snailmail:
i love u ezine
kellergaesslein 7
CH-4051 Basel
Switzerland / Europe

die redaktion (kevin, ruth, chm, eva, andrea, adnan, patrick, lovegod,
and so on...
see editorial http://www.i-love-u.ch)

monthly outcoming e-zine - every time a new topic. Next month's theme:

no space.

feel free to join us and to send contributions to response@i-love-u.ch">