Alexander Nekvasil on Fri, 11 May 2001 02:13:46 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Bush, China, and The Left....

Stefan Wray <swray@io.com> writes:

> But why another Cold War? Because itıs an easy game to
> play. Itıs a game for half-wits. In the simplistic
> Cold War world, there are good guys and bad guys.
> Itıs the us and them game. Easy to divide up the world
> that way rather than deal with subtle shades of gray
> and complexity.

The analysis needs to be pepped up with some economics
here, it seems to me.  What the US government is after
is to crack the Chinese economy open for the world
market, so it's really a revival of the Opium War.

cheers
AN