acm acm on Fri, 11 May 2001 07:59:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> Amerika for Theorists (fwd)

"Understand that while living the good life made
possible by free markets and democracy in the most
peaceful, free, tolerant and prosperous country ever
to exist in the history of the world, we will attack
the very system and citizenry who make our level of
freedom and material comfort possible. We will hold
our society up to impossible standards, demanding
utopia, but ignoring the day-to-day and year-to-year
improvements in the lives of ordinary people.  We will
ignore the freedom and wealth, beyond the wildest
imaginings of our ancestors, which virtually everyone
in our society enjoys."
Okay, we give...who let W in?

=====
artofficial construction media
A collaborative effort to screw in a lightbulb.
visit us on-line at
http://www.artofficial-online.com