The Paper on Sun, 20 May 2001 15:18:56 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The Paper - new art/cultural and media sections...

Hello,

Welcome to the latest edition of The Paper. Issue 11 is a big 8 pages - double the usual size.

If you think you missed an edition of the Paper, you’re right. Edition 11 was postponed a fortnight due to our involvement with M1X - a May Day ‘special edition’ 12-page spoof on Melbourne street rag MX. We’ve also been busy planning improvements - most notably an increase in size. The four-page spread was not allowing us to provide a diverse enough cross-section of news, opinion, arguments or voices.

The Paper can now be roughly divided in to three separate areas of interest:

- political/environmental/globalisation/breaking news;
- media crtique and criticism and;
- arts/cultural analysis and review.

We hope that this will provide a more readable and informative balance of content. As always, feedback is encouraged.

Here's the list of headlines in our latest issue, available from a Trades Hall Bookshop, FoE, Readings and many other good locations in Melbourne. We also distribute to Sydney, Hobart, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Lismore amongst other towns around Australia.

The latest copy is also available from http://www.thepaper.org.au/

Headline are:

* Shell pulls out of Pakistan National Park
* New Catholic Archbishop met with queer protest
* Media sees self in the mirror, wets pants
* May Day across the ditch - New Zealand style
* Loggers pull out of Octways
* Defiance in Quebec
* Earthdream 2001 - The journey continues its (re)evolutionary process
* Bolivians take action in water crisis
* East Gippsland - always work to be done
* IMC members meet to discuss structure, process
* Print Ownership Facts
* Media news briefs
* UKUSA - The hidden face of globalisation
* FBI 'Fishing Expedition' on US Indymedia Centre
* Media Circus Coming Soon
* Newcastle - Australia's premier cultural stomping ground
* Art-house advertising

Your feedback and support is always welcome.

Many thanks, The Paper peoples