Tetsuya OZAKI on Wed, 23 May 2001 18:24:59 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] ___ R E A L T O K Y O vol.28 ___

Dear friends

This time I write an essay about Geert Lovink of 'nettime' mailing
list who visited Tokyo a couple of weeks ago to give a lecture.
I'd appreciate it if you would read it.  Thanks in advance.

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O
_____10_05_2001_Thu_vol.28___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks:
     A Precise Game of Sound and Body
     Rosas: Drumming
     recommended by Moriyama Mika

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book 007:
     Lizzie Thornton (Tomato Interactive)
     designer from London

(3) Out of Tokyo 012:
     A Base in Cyberspace
     text by Ozaki Tetsuya

(4) Present of the Week:
     Invitation to 'Korei'
     and more!!

This week's RT Picks:
art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 49 events
including 11 new ones!  Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

A Precise Game of Sound and Body
Rosas: Drumming
recommended by Moriyama Mika

After their performances in 1994 they have disappeared from Japanese
stages for quite a while, but now the fans' patience is finally rewarded
with another Japan tour of the radical dance group Rosas... The piece
Rosas perform this time is 1998's "Drumming." It's an attempt to
capture minimal music icon Steve Reich's representative work
"Drumming" in movements, using the whole composition of nothing
but primitive and extremely minimal sounding rhythmical repetition.
The energy, the power of repetition this multiplication of tiniest,
stripped-down rhythm units creates, is overwhelming....

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0032-Moriyama.htm

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book 006:

Lizzie Thornton (Tomato Interactive)
designer from London

Catch the real voice of artists from all over the world visiting Tokyo!
'Tokyo Visitors' Book' has introduced 7 'visitors' so far.  Click the pics
on the left frame of the top page to read and hear their comments.

001: Ippe B.T. Rubingh (artist from Rotterdam)
002: Wang Ningh (actress from Beijing)
003: Florian Hecker (musician from Augsburg)
004: Abolfazl Jalili (movie director from Teheran)
005: Frank de Quengo, Jos Auzende & Julie Denuer
        (party organizers from Paris)
006: Zarco Hajdarhodzic (flute player from Zagreb)

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(3) Out of Tokyo 012:
himself.  Further, he discussed the meanings of net criticism, delivered
a clear analysis of the ups and downs of the 'new economy,' and threw
up some questioning comments on the ideology of "net = free."...

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki.htm

(4) Present of the Week

We've prepared lots of presents!  Send in your name!
Be aware that each present has a different closing date.
Instead of announcing the winners we just send them their prize.

   Invitation to 'Korei'
   Invitation to 'Exploring Photography 2'
   Invitation to 'Global Visions-Art after 1980'
   REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)

To apply and for further information, please contact:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Please send your ideas and opinions to info@realtokyo.co.jp. Three
users who send us mail will be chosen to receive a little gift.

Tetsuya OZAKI

Editor in Chief / REALTOKYO
ozaki@realtokyo.co.jp
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/