Ododita on Thu, 24 May 2001 00:17:59 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Fwd: The South and Ameri(kkk)a for Theorists

Dear Mr or Ms. Frodeaux,

I am an artist who exhibits mostly at international venues, but in the past
year I have had shows, or had to attend shows in several southern cities.  I
have been fortunate enough to have gained "some" insight into the south due
to a number of these exhibitions that have required my attendence.  In my
travels, I have come accross the same general and pervasive white supremist
attitudes that I spoke of in my initial email.  I do agree that these same
experiences can be felt in any part of America, but for what I have
experienced directly, and for what I have seen through my own eyes- I can
only express shock and disappointment in a nation that one is led to believe
is a democratic where equalilty and the pursuit of happiness is supposedly
meant for all.

Otherwise, I appologize if I have offended you in anyway.

-O.D. Odita