Nmherman on Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:28:17 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> TAZ THING

In a message dated 6/7/2001 10:36:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
viali@altavista.com writes:

>  Happy to discuss here about "independent media projects"!
>
>  Any suggestions and feedbacks should be very appreciated.

The Genius 2000 Network cannot be regulated or have its content suppressed
for one simple reason:  it legally enjoys the status of free speech.
Therefore, for those of us who use the Network at times, it provides a
valuable resource.  Many respected intellectuals and critics dislike Genius
2000 and discourage its use.  However, nothing new and necessary ever
appeared to the sound of universal accolades.

The local museum here has a slogan of sorts:  "Bits and pieces put together
to present a semblance of a whole."  I don't like this slogan.  Many serious
failures and mistakes have been made and not acknowledged during the postwar
era.  I am here to create solutions to these failures, mistakes, errors,
harms.  They are many and stubborn but they will not plague us forever if we
do well.

Max Herman