anne-marie on Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:49:57 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Snow Blossom Critiqued 2

you may refer Patrick Lichty to the luckykiss show. (i did not focus
on entirely erotic KiSS in Snow Blossom because i felt i had recently
done that with LuckyKiss--in the texts as well that accompany
luckykiss.)

http://www.opensorcery.net/luckykiss_xxx/

yes, there are nice holes historically that a larger exhibit could address...

snow blossom house, and my other online "exhibits", cracking the
maze, mutation.fem, luckykiss, are something between a curated art
shows and a products of web culture, thematic collections of links
and curious digital objects, what many people do anyways on the
web-->>everybody is a curator

there is something creative and artistic in the collection/curation
process, it is inventive, the idea is not only to represent
accurately what is "out there", or to present a totalizing universal
picture,(and even when this is the intention it can be futile) but
also some focused wishful thinking on my part...a fantasy of what
might be(or maybe is) that incorporates components of real artworks,
games and cultural artifacts. Active wishful thinking and doing helps
make it real.

and it is also about the beauty of web culture, the strangeness and
oddities that emerge in pocketed communities of dislocated online
creators. my site opensorcery.net is dedicated to artforms that are
hackerish, that emerge from online communties, and digital folk art
that is created and exchanged by those who invent and follow their
own rules outside what is known as the traditional artworld...(the
site is  also about computer gamers and cybergender stuff too:)

snow blossom kiss ^^
anne-marie