ana peraica on Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:45:14 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> txt from C-front: Unsubscribe (bibliographical note)

Hi Wolf,

I don't know the source of the chain letter, but it really striked me that
in the same context (as my friend who is analysing and collecting spams,
Darko Fritz, noted) that so nice sentences are mixed with coursing. I
received it a long time ago, of course deleted it, and it took me time to
find it again (I found it published on the commercial page
http://www.thefunside.com/lama/ not in the spams archive (usually there are
only those market ones).

I don't think anyone can trace who wrote it (and I would recommend you not
to border with that), as with each re-sending not only the e-mail address,
but also the server name of the sender changes). But surely I don't think
Dalai Lama wrote it himself, but it is a kind of a bad new age phenomenon,
that combined with the childish form of a luck chain letter. I saw many of
them in my childhood in a paper format.

I just send it to show I was not writing on Dalai Lama  (as I already wrote
it in reply to Anna Balint) but on this spam in particular, whose title is
Dalai Lama on Life. As you might follow in the text, it is appearing only in
context with Solidaridae con Brian (which is one of the most cruel spams I
ever saw), and Nokia telephones (the one spread recently around). I didn't
feel like writing again the defence - I did not wrote Dalai Lama, but Dalai
Lama on Life (that most of people on the net know what it is).

Yes, it was my message, the last one (if you think with this spam copied), I
was joking... Don't take it seriously... I just felt incomfortable sending
it in real on the Nettime that has thousands of subscribed people, and the
message itself writes;

of 15 people and above: Your life will improve drastically and everything
      you ever dreamed of will begin to take shape.

so I wanted them to know how happy I might be, that I might become a witch
that if dreams a nightmare can produce a harm around.

The same refers to your defence of Fillou (I was not writing on him also...
but on the materialisation of a model of all - including networks, that
might have problems with all-inclusion, that is highly theoretical and known
in theory of metaphysics; if God is all-including, he is also including Evil
and so on... ).

best
Ana