Alan Sondheim on Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:49:41 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

-

1 impossibility of our language
2 no one can understand the language we are speaking now

1 h 2 h 3 h 4 h 5 h 1 h 2 h 3 h 4 h 5 h 6 h >> zz 7 h 8 h 9 h 1 h 2 h 3 h
4 h 5 h 6 h >> zz 7 h 8 h 9 h 10 h >> zz 1 h 2 h 3 h 4 h 5 h 6 h >> zz 7 h
8 h 9 h 10 h >> zz 11 h >> zz 1 h 2 h 3 h 4 h 5 h 6 h >> zz 7 h 8 h 9 h 10
h >> zz 11 h >> zz 12 h >> zz 1 h 2 h 3 h 4 h 5 h 6 h >> zz 7 h 8 h 9 h 10
h >> zz 11 h >> zz 12 h >> zz 13 h >> zz

3 no one will ever understand the language we are using
4 our language is impossible

here we are, speaking on a street corner; we are speaking freely in the
open and no one around us understands our language.

we are in a country with millions of inhabitants and almost no one here
speaks our language.

we can talk freely about our terrorisms and assassinations because no one
is listening who will understand us.

the chances that someone here will understand us is almost nil.

people are walking by us and looking at us and they do not understand that
we are planning terrorisms and assassinations.

we are very safe with our language, speaking on this street corner; we
are looking into the faces of ignorance, faces which will be utterly
transformed with the passing of this evening, this night, this coming
dawn.

we are looking at these people, while we are planning, and we are seeing
the pasts of this country of millions, this country which will never be
the same again.

no one understands that we, speaking in an unknown language, are
responsible for their future in a completely irrevocable manner.

on this street corner, our plans are already coming to fruition, we are
speaking calmly, we might be talking about anything at all.

_