Menso Heus on Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:44:47 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> sit-in backup digest [menso, 'a']

    ---- format fucked up courtesy of nettime admins ----
---- this is the reply to my earlier message seen above  ----

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:55:42 +0100
From: "a" <ade@stub.org>
Subject: Re: <nettime> VR-Sit-In on G8 NOW

> or
>
> Click here
> http://www.thing.net/~rdom/ecd/NoG8/NoG8.htm
>
> To join the Server-side Action.

> Yes, show the administrators of the transparent web caches sitting on
> your broadband cable and ADSL connections how much you protest against
> the brutal activities of the G8 Security Forces.

I hope this is ment as a joke, do you think they can change anything about
this or actually care?

Instead of protesting against those who you disagree with you are doing
the same as the riot people in Genoa.

You are doing damage to innocent bystanders (networks and their
administrators, customers of these networks, consumers of these networks)
just like the rioters are raiding stores in the riot areas that are owned
by people who have nothing to do with the G8.
Now, one will certainly come with the 'argument' "We will do anything it
takes!" and that's fine, yet those persons should not complain when the
cops maintain the same method.

No respect for the so called 'protestors' in Genoa who are breaking down
the city, setting cars afire, throwing molotov cocktails at cops and then
wonder why the cops are taking action against them.

And certainly no respect for lame scriptkiddies doing useless, illegal,
Denial Of Service attacks and asking others to partake on their useless,
illegal and lame Denial Of Service attacks.

Menso