Lighthouse on Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:51:51 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] FIELD 30: FOREIGN LOGICS & EMMA WESTACOTT wednesday night

Title: FIELD 30: FOREIGN LOGICS & EMMA WESTACOTT wednesday ni
FIELD 30: FOREIGN LOGICS & EMMA WESTACOTT
------------

An evening of contemporary digital artwork, narrative and debate.
   Wednesday 25 July 2001, 8pm (doors 7.30pm)
   Sussex Arts Club, 7 Ship Street, Brighton
   Free entrance
David Bickerstaff presents Foreign Logics: Thirty Tourist Episodes, a collaboration with author Bernard Cohen.  The tourist's experience of language is of mistranslations, words overheard and partly comprehended. Bickerstaff and Cohen explore these half-memories, legends and foreign logics in a seductive, graphically rich CD work that is part game, part poem, part visual journey.  See <http://www.atomictv.com>.

Emma Westacott, a freelance digital media producer will present work from her latest project, The Dreamer, a collaboration with designer Alex Mayhew.   Focusing on notions of the game as story, The Dreamer closely meshes narrative and gameplay to create a dramatic emotional engagement within a magical world - it is 'gaming for grown ups'.  See <http://www.dreamer.org.uk> and <http://www.shenerd.com>.  Experience The Dreamer at FIELD.

   [ apologies if you receive this posting more then once ]
--
F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D

last event in the current FIELD season...  stay tuned for autumn season info...

FIELD is co-programmed by Lighthouse and BN1 and generously supported by
South East Arts.
<http://www.bn1.co.uk/field>     <http://www.lighthouse.org.uk>
For further information please contact David Sinden at Lighthouse... david@lighthouse.org.uk

F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D ... F I E L D