Nmherman on Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:24:27 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Sender: nettime-l-request@bbs.thing.net

In a message dated 7/31/2001 7:12:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
integer@www.god-emil.dk writes:

> bravo + clap \ clap
>
>  really needed extra evidence of nettime \ thing.net vis a vis .us federal
> crimes.
>
>  nn

I'm starting to agree with this.  I read a Mark Stahlman thread from 1996 and
he was mocked by Bruce Sterling in a rather effete way.  Thing and nettime
are all hooked up.  What confuses me is why Thing and nettime would censor
Genius 2000 ideas; and the only reason I can think of is they are avid to
become a web-label slash publisher gallery.  Or think of it this way:  why is
the Thing server's fan base so fucking loyal?

Apropos of nothing, Stahlman was writing about how we're going through a
conversion to US corporate fascism and the facts ALL seem to bear this out.
And when he says fascism, he doesn't mean Jeb Bush stuffing the ballot box;
he means what conditions for the poor will be like in say fifty short years.
Hellish with a capital Hell.

Max Herman