jeroen olyslaegers on Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:32:16 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Pierre Khalfa (ATTAC-France) on violence & the movement after Genoa

dear nik:

your attitude amazes me.
such fear of recuperation...
but hey: i don't blame you
it must be traumatic yet weirdly fulfilling to take part in events where you
can hear bones break.
it makes you feel you belong, i guess
but aren't we forgetting the main issue here?
i thought people were protesting to actually make things better, to get
things moving again.
what you call compromise could mean a significant change for a lot of
people.
it would be foolish to outright denounce violence or the black block.
they made (and still make) their point.
but there is another side of the coin,and other strategies to use.
so let's skip the heroics and the tedious rhetoric about who belongs to
which club.
and move FORWARD.
let's ALL keep pushing, not just warriors & veterans like yourself.

respect
jeroen