geert lovink on Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:11:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] camp in woomera april 2002

From: <infodesk@woomera2002.com>

please circulate...

---------- : : an invitation to make the journey : : -------------
------------------ : : WOOMERA 2002 : : --------------------------
: : direct actions : festival of freedom : autonomadic caravan : :
------------ : : march 27 - april 2, easter 2002 : : -------------

url: http://woomera2002.com/
contact: infodesk@woomera2002.com

Woomera is a remote town, 500 kms from Adelaide (Australia).  It is also the
centre of an economy of death, suffering and incarceration founded on the
dispossession of indigenous lands.  Our humanity is obliterated in Woomera,
in
the concentration camp, by missiles, by nuclear weapons, by toxic waste, by
colonisation, by capitalism, by fear and division.

We are making the journey to discover our humanity in the liberation of
those
who have been dehumanised.

We are making the journey to refuse the death, pain and confinements that
are
manufactured in the name of The Economy.  We refuse the caging behind razor
wire and the new world borders fashioned so that capital, by reserving for
itself the 'right' to move around the world, can better enforce austerity,
misery, the earth's destruction and the 'race-to-the-bottom'.

In 2002, each of us are making the journey in our own unique way to reveal
the
connections between dispossession and the enclosures; the dislocations that
have occurred and are still occurring in the name of profits, warlords and
empire.  We will not mimic what we go to abolish, but instead wish to open a
multitude of paths toward a different world.

We invite you to make the journey with us.

: : more information : :

Woomera 2002 will be a kaleidoscope of cascading autonomous actions, media
streams and screenings, workshops, discussions and happenings.  People are
encouraged to use a diversity of tactics to disrupt the present and create
the
future.

Come with an existing group or form an affinity group for the duration.
Each
group will be represented on a spokescouncil, which will share information,
provide a forum for co-operation and facilitate the actions.

Groups from Melbourne and Adelaide who are attending the Pine Gap actions in
Alice Springs will join us in Woomera on the Good Friday, March 28th.
Actions
against the Pentagon's National Missile Defence are also happening during
Woomera 2002.

We encourage everyone to communicate and publicise Woomera 2002, their views
and their plans for actions in their own way.

... more information coming soon ...