John Armitage on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:29:06 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Delirious New York

"With the New York bomb [in the World Trade centre, 1993], we thus findourselves faced with the latest escalation in the kind of military-political
action that is based simultaneously on a limited number of actors and
guaranteed media coverage. It has reached the point where soon, if we don't
look out, a single man may well be able to bring about disasters that were
once, not long ago, the province of a naval or air force squadron."

"Indeed, for some time the miniaturisation of charges and advances in the
chemistry of detonation have been promoting a previously unimaginable
equation: One man = Total war."

Paul Virilio, "Delirious New York", 30 March 1993.