Kathryn Aegis on Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:18:25 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] suspended on a line

So much depends on a thin wire tonight
the arc of a phone line under a pile of debris
the hopeless beep of cell tones not connecting
and loved ones either on one side of the wire or not
three days and no connections

>From the world, we expected sympathy.  We got compassion, outpourings of
grief, real grief unsimulated.  It means so much, you don't know how much
it means.  It connects us in a way that wires never could.

A hell of an introduction to nettime, but there will be no other topic for
a long time.

Yours,
Kathryn Aegis
Washington, DC