integer on Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:08:54 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

Joy Garnett <joyeria@walrus.com>

>sorry for the bad line-breaks; i'm just too tired and too occupied making
>firemen's sandwiches to clean up the text.

Dear Joy Garnett

Had been afraid I would be taking too much time away from
your "updated links to the Nigerian Scam Mail" project

but since you mentioned that you do not "know what the fuck to do" with your self

I decided to proceed.

Regarding your forwarding yet another magnificent display of intelligence
by Israel's foreign minister, Shimon Peres:

The number one human disease on this planet is obesity.
Do you know what the fat-test country in the world is +?

Well - 70 percent of the adult population in the USA is f a t
and 30 percent of .us children are obese.

Now, you said you were - "making firemen's sandwiches"

So, what does that make you +?

I would be less concerned with others' `religious dilemmas`
and more concerned with what you are putting
in those sandwiches.

It appears that the domestic [American] religion - FOOD [i.e. mostly preserved murdered organisms]
is negatively affecting a larger percentage of the American population than others' `religious dilemmas`
and certainly more than cigarettes.

NN

>NYTimes
>September 14, 2001
>
>              FOREIGN AFFAIRS
>
>              Smoking or Non-Smoking?
>
>              By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
>
>                 JERUSALEM -- If this attack on
>                 America by an extensive terrorist cell is
>              the equivalent of World War III, it's not too
>              early to begin thinking about what could be
>              its long-term geopolitical consequences. Just as World Wars
>I and II
>              produced new orders and divisions, so too might this war.
>What might it
>              look like?
>
>              Israel's foreign minister, Shimon Peres, offers the
>following possibility:
>              Several decades ago, he notes, they discovered that smoking
>causes cancer.
>              Soon after that, people started to demand smoking and
>non-smoking
>              sections.

.... godel wakes up:  logic is powerful. use it.