ANASTASIOS KOZAITIS on Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:40:07 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] chickens coming home to roost

There's an eery quiet in NYC this morning.

I fear the "type" of revenge that the US will carry out, and I am more
scared of the revenge mongers with whom I have spoken the past few days.

What I don't get is how Americans can say that this terrorist attack was
unprovoked, and when I remind people of the overt, manipulative, abusive,
and historic US Foreign policy, they look at me and say, "I don't care what
you say. There is nothing that we've done that would result in this act of
war." I shrug and say, "Believe what you want, but you may need a better
understanding of history."

Be well.

--Ak