Marko Maglich on Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:21:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> It's the law!-Or is it the money?

You really think we do that, or are you just being argumentative?  I don't want to be too jumpy, but in the current atmosphere it's hard to take such jokes, if that's what it is.
--Marko

>>> ivo@reporters.net 09/18/01 03:57PM >>>
France has nuclear weapons of its own. America does not engage
countries that have nuclear weapons. Well, at least it never did -
Pakistan might be the first.

Also, France is a part of the Western civilization, i.e. "our ways" - it
may be often at odds with the U.S. but it functions within the same
paradigm. To its credit the U.S. is remarkably tolerant and will let
its opponents in peace on most occassions.

After all, it is hard to imagine that any other country would let a
confirmed terrorist, that attacked U.S. on numerous previous
occasions, live free for so long, as the U.S. did with Osama -
Chinese and Russians would hunt and kill him as soon as he
stopped being useful to them (1989), French and German would
hunt at kill him after his first serious strike (1993), British and
Spanyards would probably wait until the embassy bombings
(1998), only the US needs to get really fucked up to drop the
remote control and get up from the couch...

ivo