Alan Sondheim on Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:24:25 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] MC?

tried and
tried to sleep then wanted to reply to DJS's through Ken - my "MC" of
nettime, master of ceremonies, multiculturalism?
I write into spaces, what is at hand; nettime like any other [  ] has its
particularities - the multi/media work I do is either in cdrom/video/
performance - assemblages of directories/variations - just so as not to be
judged in terms of nettime input/output -
the same for other lists; i send into nettime maybe 1/5 of texting, what
will apply here - also re: arte povera, minimal binaries - this isn't
a/the place
writing this so that the at-handedness/bricolage of the work isn't
mistaken for the w/hole: the archive cdrom remains still (as remains/
residue) whatever guide there is - not taking into account performance/
live work, video installation, all that messing about blurred categories,
collocations/accumulations - what floats poorly on the net and/or
presencing of flesh -
 - alan