G.H. Hovagimyan on Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:04:58 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Losing the new war at home

---
From: "Ivo Skoric" <ivo@reporters.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:34:06 -0400
To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
Subject: <nettime> Losing the new war at home
"
It was brought there and it was kept there for
about hundred years
by the "Great Game" of three great empires -
British, Soviet and
American - and all three, I think, are now
responsible to work
together and pick Afghanis out of the mess in
which their "game"
threw them. "

GH Comments:

I believe the industrialized nations need to  rebuild
Afghanistan and Palestine. A sort of Marshall Plan
for the mideast.  War and violence only leads to
more war and more violence just as oppression
eventually leads to revolution.
The saddest thing I've seen recently is a British
women filmmaker who is of Afghan descent. She
returned to Afghanistan and surreptitiously filmed
the conditions of women and the plight of the
people.  Kabul is  bombed out  the whole country
is basically destroyed.  The Western nations need
to do more than just hunt down some madmen.
Strength and compassion can go hand and hand.

Have you downloaded the latest calling software from Net2Phone? Click here to get it now!

http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=NH211JK&url=http://commcenter.net2phone.com/