Ivo Skoric on Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:39:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] New York - Sarajevo

Today, adding to the list of dreary accidents: clash of two airplanes
in Italy; another case of anthrax.

Yesterday, in that anti-war protest in New York, that went on
unreported by the free press, the one thing I feared the most was
the repeat of Sarajevo - where Bosnians also gathered in a peace
protest - only to be shot at by a Serb sniper. So, I was looking at
the high rises we were passing by for a reflection of a sniper rifle, or
for a jumping suicide bomber, or for a falling hand grenade. That's
usually the best way to end people's genuine desire for peace. But,
fortunately, it did not happen. On the other hand, if it did, it would
make the event newsworthy for the MSNBC.

ivo