Steve McAlexander on Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:35:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] RIGHTS LISTED BY FOUNDING FATHERS

Can you grasp the concept of  "...manufactured and marketed
patriotism"*?

The phrase aptly describes an American unity that doesn't exist.
The government once again has used policy and propaganda to divide their
own people.  Internal Strife versus External Force. War versus Peace.
And the most worrisome of all... The People versus The Power.

New dividing lines have formed between the people and the "protectors"
that
are dangerously outrageous for a freedom loving people.  If some power
isn't
reclaimed by the citizens soon, "Crimes Under the Color of Law"  will
eventually
erase one dividing line -- the one that stands between the races --
because
we will all be brothers in slavery.

We cannot forget the constitutionally declared concepts of independence
and
all
that it stands for; smaller government and what its limits should be;
Peace
Officers
instead of psuedo-civilian soldiers-of-fortune; Justice for all instead
of
the few, and the
wonderful feeling of brotherhood and safety that a nation truly united
would
bring.

If we do not become actively involved in our country's choices,  we will
soon
know the awful satire of a once Free Nation becoming the world's Prison
Nation.

We must begin to hold those in positions of authority responsible for
their
crimes..
We have got to increase the cry of freedom...

As a grandmother, I cannot bear the thought of  future generations of
government
controlled children who will long for something, and not even know
enough
about
the concept of Freedom to know what it is they so desperately crave.

THESE ARE THE RIGHTS LISTED BY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS.
I'm not sure everyone knows them.  They are your rights as a citizen.
You should memorize them, treasure them, and protect them
even and especially from those who claim power over you.

Kay Lee
1290 Overlook Terrace
Titusville, Florida 32780
321-383-3000

Making The Walls Transparent
http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/starke

THE BILL OF RIGHTS, as ratified December 15, 1791:

 Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech,
or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

 Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without
the
consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be
prescribed
by
law.

Amendment IV

and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath
or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and
the
persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous
crime,
unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases
arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual
service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject
for
the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall
be
compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be
deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor
shall
private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a
speedy
and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein
the
crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been
previously
ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the
accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have
compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the
Assistance of Counsel for his defence. Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed
twenty
dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact
tried by
a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States,
than
according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor
cruel
and unusual punishments inflicted. Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers NOT delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively,
or
to the people.

*************************************
*SOME FOLKS NEVER FELT SAFE: THE TRUTH BEHIND NATIONAL UNITY
October 08, 2001 By Tim Wise, a Nashville-based writer, lecturer and
antiracism
activist.  ZNET.org

Shared by
Kay Lee
Making The Walls Transparent
http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/starke

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r9F0cB/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/aQSolB/TM

APFN SITE MAP:
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/sitemap.htm

Public Education System vs Christian Home Schooling
Home School News, Info. & Links
http://www.ordination.org/homeschool.htm

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
better
than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask
not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those
who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget
that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/