TONGOLELE on Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:54:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] NET.PERFORMANCE - FUSCO/DOMINGUEZ

Dolores from 10h to 22h
Net.performance by Coco Fusco and Ricardo Dominguez
Presented by Kiasma, Helsinki’s Museum of Contemporary Art
November 22, 2001

When we got to the door they started going through our things. They found the
questionnaires in my purse and didn’t let me in to work…They took me straight
to the office, they shut me in the office to interrogate me, to scare me, and
to threaten me. They asked me what political party I belonged to, if I was a
revolutionary, as if I were a guerrilla, as they said. They were threatening
me, and frightening me – and I did get scared because they said they were
going to call the police, that they were going to arrest me.

Delfina Rodriguez, maquiladora worker in Tijuana, Mexico

Dolores from 10h to 22h is based on the testimony of Delfina Rodriguez, whom
Coco Fusco interviewed in 1998.

This net.performance is simulated evidence that will be streamed via
surveillance cameras to your screen.

If you wish to log on to the performance you can go the following URL:
www.kiasma.fi/ars/dolores

If you wish you view the net.performance at a public venue, the following
institutions will be presenting the piece as a marathon movie-viewing
experience:

Mexico City:
X-Teresa Arte Alternativo
Lic. Verdad 8
Centro Histórico
Tel: (55 42 76 33)

London:
Institute for International Visual Art
6-8 Standard Place
Rivington St.
Shoreditch
Tel: (0207) 729 9616

Ljubljana:
Galerija Kapelica
Kersnikova 4
http://www.kapelica.org/

Montreal:
Museum of Contemporary Art
185 Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest
Tel: 514 847 6226

Los Angeles
Art in Motion Festival
University of Southern California School of Fine Arts
Tel: 213 821 1620
http://www.usc.edu/aim

Sydney:
Artspace
The Gunnery
43-51 Cowper Wharf Road
Wooloomoloo
Tel: 93 58 18 99

Check with each institution for local viewing times.