Ivo Skoric on Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:32:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Fuel destroyed by air strikes in desert swoop

I guess they should hire a lawyer and sue US military for
destroying their property. Still, this is an interesting operation.
First, because the Special Forces protected their lives. It becomes
more and more difficult for the US to conduct war. Not only their
forces aren't allowed to die in battle any more, but now they also
can't kill anybody.

And second - because they called in air strikes against oil trucks.
Couldn't they just destroy the trucks with a cigarette lighter, for
crying out loud? I mean there was gasoline inside - it doesn't take
a million dollar cruise missile to destroy an oil truck? Isn't that a
waste of resources?

ivo