Saul Albert on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:57:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] dorkbotlondon

dorkbotlondon
people doing strange things with electricity

next meeting
7pm, Wednesday 5th December, The Boxing Club
(http://www.spacehijackers.co.uk/boxingclub/html/info.html)
(http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?x=536750&y=181250&zoom=1&;
isp=187&ism=500&arrow=y?95,157)

speakers:
Han-earl Park - io 0.0.1 beta 20 mins
Shiho Fukuhara - tween/hide 20 mins
Lottie Child - Towerblock TV 5 mins
Kim Hawtin - CONSUME 5 mins
Nick Thompson - glambient 5 mins

Plus! Post-talk entertainment in celebration of 12 months of dorkbotnyc:
Dave Green - acoustic cover versions of synth-pop classics

what's dorkbotlondon?
first there was dorkbotnyc, a monthly meeting of electronic artists in new
york.

"dorkbotnyc is a monthly meeting of artists (sound / image / movement /
whatever), designers, engineers, students and other interested parties from
the new york area who are involved in the creation of electronic art (in the
broadest sense of the term.)"

some people realised that their home city of london was in dire need of such
a meeting, and dorkbotlondon was born.

loads of good people turned up to our first one, enjoyed some great talks
and chatter. so we're going to try and make it a monthly event, on the the
first wednesday of each month (same as dorkbotnyc).

mailing lists
we have an announce list and a blabber list. join one at
http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotlondon/dorkbotlondon-lists.shtml