Nmherman on Tue, 1 Jan 2002 12:25:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: [Genius2000Conference2001] Happy New Year

--- Begin Message --- well now we will do things my way...

Well Max, I am glad to see that G2K is still trying to crash the gates of Eden.
I am surprised sometimes that you still care to crash those gates.
Your message is cc'd to Rhizome, Nettime, two listservs which no longer function.
What do I mean by that?
During the Shock of the New, it became apparent to most of the readers, that Steve Dietz, Alex Galloway, Mark River et al were promoting their own agenda. Even G.H. Hovigiyam admitted it was true( and he is an asshole of the highest calibre, whose admissions can't be ignored).
This Eastern Seacoast Agenda was well engineered. If you weren't looking for it, you might have missed it. But ask yourself Max, who came out on top, in official art world circles, after the list ended...this should always raise suspicion.
When G.H. Hovigiyam stated that the Port exhibit (one of the lamest and least interesting net art works I have witnessed) was the pinnacle of net art we should have brought down his web server.
So Max, I ask you..., why do you continue with these people?
Who are they?
They are completely ignored in Europe, ostracized in Japan, and loved by
the art intelligentsia of New York's second generation Digeratti. As far as I can tell Rhizome was registered as a domain in May 1996, and really rolling in 1997, hardly an avantgarde year for net art. After the Shock of the View, it gained sudden currency..hmmm, what an unusual circumstance?
My God Max, move on, show the works in the festivals that are interested, forget the American scene, it is no longer interesting.
Why does Brad Brace hate your former professor from Syracuse? I'll tell you why, to quote Don Jean Louis and Michael Haden, "that bureaucrat will fuck you over until he comes out on top"
Good Quote, and it goes for the whole band of Net Artistes.
By the way , please compare
Patrick Lichty's sappy new age work:
http://art.by.arena.ne.jp/mcmogatk/1998/usz6hpoikju/amilith.ram
and my own:
http://art.by.arena.ne.jp/mcmogatk/1998/cal3heerxz/index.html
If I'd only discovered the keys to success…
Location, location, location.
Eric Dymond

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor