suleiman danbaba on Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:44:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] RE:BUSINESS ASSISTANCE

Dear Sir,

We are top government officials and currently members
of the Federal Government of Nigeria, Contract Review
Panel. We are interested in the importation of goods
into our country with funds, which are presently
trapped in Nigeria.

In order to commence this business, we solicit your
assistance to enable us transfer into your account
that said trapped fund. The source of this fund is as
follows: during the last government administration of
GENERAL ABDULSALAM ABUBAKAR in Nigeria, the officials
of that government set up companies and awarded
themselves and their cohorts contracts which were
grossly over invoiced in various ministries. As part
of its inaugural policy, the present civilian
government of OLUSEGUN OBASANJO set up a contract
Review Panel, a panel in which we are members. In the
course of our investigation we identified
over-invoiced contract fund totaling US$34.6 Million.
This amount is presently floating in the Central bank
of Nigeria, and ready for payment to any contractor
with formal beneficial claim. However, by virtue of
our position as civil servants, we are not permitted
by existing laws to operate any foreign account. This
is why we are asking for your assistance to provide
the necessary documents to facilitate the transfer of
this fund into any account you will nominate. Of
course you shall be adequately compensated. 30% shall
be yours while my colleagues and I shall have 65%. The
remaining 5% shall be for the reimbursement of any
expenses that will be incurred during the course of
this transaction.

This transaction is expected to be concluded within
(10) bank working days on the receipt of your bank
particulars, your bank name and address, account
number, name of beneficiary, telephone and fax numbers
of the bank, your company name and address, telephone,
and fax numbers.

When we receive the above information from you by fax,
we shall apply and obtain the necessary payment
approvals from the relevant authorities including the
Federal Ministry of Finance (F.M.F), which shall
allocate you or your company foreign exchange cover
for US$34.6 Million. You or your company shall be
officially regarded as the beneficiary of the funds.
When the money is transferred to your account, and
upon confirmation from you that the fund has been
credited into your nominated Bank Account, my
colleagues and I will come over to your country for
the sharing of the fund in the agreed percentage, to
commence our importation Business.

Let’s trust that absolute confidentiality be our
watchword throughout this business transaction. Your
line of business does not matter. However, your prompt
reply with stating your telephone and fax numbers for
the commencement of communication in respect of this
proposal will be appreciated. As soon as I receive the
requirements today, We shall commence administrative
procedures in respect of the transaction.

Thanking you in anticipation of your response.

Yours sincerely,

SULEIMAN DANBABA