andrew garton on Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:39:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Korea etc

hi David,

DAC> I read in this weeks TIME magazine ( not exactly a beacon of balanced
DAC> reporting, mind) that the Korean organised crime gangs are moving in on
DAC> the political process. Could be something to do with that. Gangsters are
DAC> not noted for their tolerance of sexual diversity.

Contrary to this, so called "gangsters" in Taiwan are generally behind
most  dance  clubs  and  outdoor  events, ensuring not only safety for
people  of  mixed  persuasions  (generally from the Police), that they
have  a  major,  if  not  monopoly  on  the  sale  of dance/rave/party
enhancements.

-ag.