Nmherman on Fri, 8 Feb 2002 23:30:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: G2K NEWS Newsflash: "G2K Now Proven by Science"

In a message dated 2/8/2002 9:23:33 AM Central Standard Time, porculus@WANADOO.FR writes:

out itz artetekunztl, zpecialy when swimming gallowez did zome xzllent
humorz ov some what itz art fur ihr. i am h!re, for your total liberazion
maxzl..dont say 'zankz' itz ganz normal, i rememberz your clark gabblez'
vosphor bombing fur la france libre, mein grossmuter had a zexcult to zuch
mit petite mouztache grosse zexfuhrer. total recall maxzl, zigzigheil!

Thank you for your intelligent and generous reply.

I noted the reference to the "artkunsthalle", which is a gallery for rent or purchase, whereas the Smithsonian is supposed not to be an artkunsthalle.

The artbase is exclusive?  Well I'm in it so yes correct it is definitely exclusive.  But that's an aesthetic criticism because who cares who's in the artbase and what it looks like?  I never go there to find a site.  Rhizome is structured like a trendy painting with leaves, roots, stars, banter, etc., in terms of design and memory-use excetera.

>zpecialy when swimming gallowez did zome xzllent
>humorz ov some what itz art fur ihr.

Tell me what good it would do to try to strong arm anyone?  They're all so terrified and quivering right now, as we speak, I don't see the advantage of proving Alex Galloway has no idea what Genius 2000 means, much less the motive to speculate.

>i am h!re, for your total liberazion
>maxzl..dont say 'zankz' itz ganz normal,

Well I advise doing a version or interpretation of Genius 2000 in your own methods, and if you live in a big old city take some pictures.  Drawing on sidewalks in chalk for example is still legal here.  Writing Genius 2000 on sidewalks could save the world and liberate me.  But I would focus on a large congregation with large signs and many small tickets demonstrating in the plaza square of the Louvre, all legal of course.  Get those permits and whiff some of that Vichy backwards out of your nostrils comrade.

>i rememberz your clark gabblez'
>vosphor bombing fur la france libre, mein grossmuter had a zexcult to zuch
>mit petite mouztache grosse zexfuhrer. total recall maxzl, zigzigheil!

Ton mormor or farmor liebestod fur chambre frau gabblez?  A nation of idiots and tarts sans farts has few listenings for chastity.

>total recall maxzl, zigzigheil!

Actually the messianic narrative genre is all about "getting back lost time."  The liberation is offered in the form of the permanent present, jetztzeit, or Holy Moment, or "Now" as Big Moyers new show says.  Benjamin liked France didn't he, and he called it "restitutio in intergrum," a return to history that is both eternal and mortal or transient i.e. dogshit piss down the pot.

Plus it's so easy all you have to fucking do is ask them what they think of Genius 2000 and they're happy as clams.

Max Herman
Now Hiring Artists for Zero Overhead 21st Century Content
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000

++