Marc Schneiders on Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:32:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Internet Voting Abolished?

Do you want to keep the right to vote for directors of ICANN, the body
that manages domains and IP addresses (and interferes through
trademark issues with free speech..., manages a cartel...)? Then,
please, sign up at

http://www.icannatlarge.com/

It is free.

If enough people sign up, it will be more difficult for ICANN to do
away with the user input and elections (so-called) At Large, as the
ICANN President, Stuart Lynn suggested 10 days ago. See
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-24feb02.htm.

If we do not show our interest to be in the 'At Large', it will sooner be
abolished alltogether. Perhaps even next week, when ICANN meets in
Ghana.

So hurry, please.

And again, it is free. Right now in any case. And there is no commitment.

Thanks!

--
Marc Schneiders