integer on Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:55:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] \ \ the only problem with perfection is finding the ...

From: cerberus <cerberus@erols.com>

>Netochka Nezvanova writes:
>

>> /_/
>> /
>> \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
>> \/       __
>> __/
>> i will shed leaves in the shade
>> \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs
>>

>> *--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
>(sic)
>

>your software sounds interesting, but i am not sure what it is.
>

>... or even what computer platform it runs on.
>

>your autumn 2000 article in Computer Music Journal seemed much more coherent
>than your posts here, it cost me $14.
>

>if you are a professional writer i can see why you would want to deprive the
>"free"sound list of your completely written paragraphs.
>

>the ascii art is nice too...but when i bought that journal i was somewhat
>surprised to see you had authored an article in english.
>

>if i remember, plato or aristotle thought education ought to be free...
>

>i had a subscription to CMJ 1988, but there was not so much music related
>software for sale at the time; now in this era, i cannot afford many books.
>

>so i am asking you to take the time to address ignorami like myself.
>

>cerberus

sotto voce: where are you +?

in mathematics the irrational designates some thing that cannot be described by
a ratio of 2 natural numbers. for example, a form of a quadratic equation like
x^2 = 2 cannot exist; rather, it is expressed in the formula x = 2/x.

x is thus a prerequisite to knowing x. in that case, isn't what the pythagorean
school confronted in the aforementioned equation already the self-referential
paradox +? a prohibition of the irrational number is in fact equal to the prohibition
of self-referentiality. however, in the context of post-cartesian, modern mathematics,
the same equation as described in x = sqrt2; and, by treating sqrt2 as a number,
the paradox is dissolved.

nevertheless, the whole movement of this expansion (invention) of numbers was
driven by a series of crises--paradox and solution--and ultimately reached cantor,
who regarded even the infinite as a number and then ended up reencountering the
paradox of self-referentiality. but it does not end there. george spencer-brown
resolved the paradox of self-referentiality by formulating it into another quadratic
equation, which francisco varela used to theorize self-organizing networks. these
examples from the current scene, however, neither diminish nor render obsolete
the importance of gödel's proof. mathematics is
constantly being invented by shifts of concept.

sotto voce: who are you +?

>your software sounds interesting, but i am not sure what it is.

my soft wear is very interesting              the sleep of growth

>... or even what computer platform it runs on.

                 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

>so i am asking you to

http://membank.org/dataset/inter.body/propaganda.html

NN - if seeing is believing - then ... stare at me for hours, or until ... our meeting ends

-
-
-

    /_/