bc on Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:08:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> the dominion of nettime

  and a second note of clarification:

  i have been needing to write something (for about 9 months)
  about U.S. foreign (and domestic) policy, which is centrist,
  but not soft, in its analysis of events.

  it takes into account the roles of states beyond the perogative
  of the United States (of America), and posits the question of
  how things can be peacefull resolved if moving in the direction
  and with the dynamics at hand. how to take rubble and make
  architecture, in a humane redesign of the sitation: building it.

  this analysis would have included addressing issues related to
  and also including potential perspectives of:

  - ordinary peoples in various areas
  - people in institutuions of power
  - governments and industry

  - China
  - Russia
  - Non-Opec nation-states
  - Opec nation-states
  - Saudi Arabia in particular
  - Israel and Palestine

  - various forms of government and economics,
  including commnunism, democracies, and also
  that of capital, and social capital in particular.

  - the idea of evolution in terms of difference and-or
  mutatation allowing adaptation to changed circumstances

  - the role of energy in relation to state power

  - peaceful transformation through educational change

  - a differentiation between pubilc and private realms,
    to recontextualize contentious issues, such as religious
    belief, morality, rights.

  - a basic proposal for human rights, as the first and major
  step in all countries, regardless of governmental structures.

  yes, ideal to imagine there does not need to be war, or to be one of
  those who thinks their ideology should replace the prior one, that
  it all needs to be rebuilt again, but anew. only in part. some things
  do work. to be anti- this or pro- that is to be stuck in dialectics
  without logical compromise, right and wrong (or right and left).
  things have changed. we know more. and we should include more
  of the complexity in our analyses, if to be fair and objective. the
  world situation is a powder keg. and thanks to whoever is playing
  games with me, this small contribution to try to send out to others
  who may be able to do more with the same idea, in the sense of may-
  be offering an alternative to the precipice of world war, and civilian
  world wars, well, it is possible. funny, this was a question i asked
  NN but did not state in these terms. and i am not sure of the answer
  as afterwords this other thing began unravelling so fast, that there
  will be no way i can write this idea, which i have been contemplating
  for many many months, trying to find a way to write in an appropriate
  and peaceful way about things in a way that might otherwise get one
  in a bit of trouble. that is. walking into the ring of fire and surviving.

  oh, yes, and whatever antics have been going on, they've been in
  correlation to my work with Enron and US Energy Policy, much in
  advance of the revelations of deep corruption in that unfortunate
  but enlightening event. so, things are not exactly not dangerous
  when doing art, architecture, design, for peace and education.

  just needed to clarify this as i will not include it in my upcoming post.
  but this attempt to try to reframe the situation, well, it was stopped
  in its tracks becasue of these other things, which landed me in the E.R.
  a pain equivalent to having thumbs going into your eyeballs. and it is
  not able to go away. it is stress. all there is to do is take tranquilizers,
  and enough to make the pain stop makes my eyes shut and i only sleep.

  so i'd like to take this moment to thank those who were so generous
  in helping stop change, alternative approaches, open thinking, and
  sharing and working together. you have, well, as they say 'big balls',
  and that may be part of the problem, as this isn't about that. it is
  about human beings working together, in cooperationt to be able to
  live and co-exist and sustain, in the long-haul, as a common people
  yet with our unique cultural heritages. to peace, but first, this. bc