z on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:14:02 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: GENERATION FLASH (3A / 3)

john,

i am not sure about the revolutionary aspect of flash---
the aesthetic sensibility revealed in flash, is an extended tradition from mtv
and commercials , not so new whatsoever, in fact that plastic look and feel plus
easy accessibility is very much in tandem with the philosophy of the late
capitalism's all encompassing consumerism / entertainment implication.

imagine every artist becomes a flash guru --- it sure is revolutionary, but then
it depends on what  do you mean by revolution.

the new art mantra may be: sit back, enjoy.

marcuse has long been castrated.