chris paul on Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:45:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] the Gates of hell

I have had no opportunity to corroborate this information ...

 Mr. Bill Gates
 Chairman and Chief Software Architect
 c/o Microsoft

 Dear Sir,
 Two days ago, Israelis travelling on the main highways in the Tel-Aviv
area
 were treated to enormous billboards bearing the Microsoft logo under
the text
 "From the depth of our heart - thanks to The Israeli Defence Forces"
 on the background of the Israeli national flag.
 Microsoft is a major worldwide and world-famous corporation,
 whose activities overstep national boundaries and which is committed to

promote global community,
 increasing trade, and stronger economic relationships and cultural
interaction;
 which takes pride in promoting extensive community activities of
various kinds, and declares on its website
 "We're serious about making the world a better place";
 and which maintains offices and conducts active sales campaigns in
Israel as well as at
 Egypt, Morocco, Dubai, Indonesia, Malaysia and other Arab and Islamic
countires.
 In view of the above, better could have been expected of Microsoft than

 disseminating crude nationalistic and militaristic propaganda at the
Israeli population centers,
 and effectively lend its public support to the destructive war recently

launched by the Sharon Government -
 a war sharply censured by the international community and controversial

among the citizens of Israel itself.
 We urge you to take care that this activity is terminated forthwith,
 and that the estimated tens of thousands of dollars invested in the
abovementioned
 billboards be used instead to activities aimed
 at stopping the bloodshed and promoting an equitable
Israeli-Palestinian peace.

 Sincerely Yours,
 Adam Keller, Spokesperson
 Gush Shalom (The Israeli Peace Bloc)