Nmherman on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:29:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: GENERATION FLASH: Lev / Sawad

In a message dated 4/29/2002 10:50:15 PM Central Daylight Time, joseph@electrichands.com writes:

Lord knows that
I would never have the patience to carve a life-sized figure out of stone, nor
the patience to carve a virtual world...but I am glad someone else is doing it.

I am not against sculpture.  But sculpture is one of the most demanding artforms in all history.  I don't love all of it just because it's sculpture.  I'm glad anyone likes or makes any art, yes, but only to a certain limit after which I'm not totally glad in the absolute sense.

Max Herman

++