Florian Cramer on Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:29:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Carnivore

Am Tue, 25.Jun.2002 um 19:45:13 +0000x schrieb Lachlan Brown:

> I think the use of Carnivore at the New Museum quickly revealed the
> contractual and legal terrain of both the ISP (which has legal
> obligations to service providers 'upstream' [they colocate with whom?]
> and the employees, as well as a range of other regulatory requirements)
> and the Museum (which has legal obligations mediated by the trust to
> employees, users, artists, etc. etc.).

Could it be that you confused "RSG Carnivore" with Knowbotic
Research's "Public Domain Scanner" (which caused the trouble with the
New Museum's ISP)?

Florian

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/