W R E Reynolds on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> Welcome to the Multiplex: Documenta 11, New Generation FilmFestival Lyon, LA Film Festival

Lev Manovich said:

> For me, neither interface makes much sense. - why
> not put all video on a computer server and set up
> comfortable personal stations where viewers can
> access and watch any video in any time.

While I agree that neither venue is perfect, as a sometime filmmaker I
can state categorically that I do NOT make films/videos to be seen on a
small computer screen. There is an enormous difference between the two
venues in terms of impact. Self-importance aside (just for a moment), it
just isn't the same.

W R E Reynolds