David Goldschmidt on Fri, 5 Jul 2002 05:42:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> the language of tactical media

Michael-

Clearly you profess to have an intimate understanding of JoAnne's motives,
conclusions.  But, IMO, you only provide me with more evidence that the
inherently paranoid only see the ulterior motive.  If your not paranoid then
you are under the delusion that your previous interactions with her have
given you the insight to critique her for now, and forever.  All I can do is
applaud her.  I hope she ignores you, Michael.  She is the author ... you
are nothing but a critic.   She took her time to deliver a dispassionate and
eloquent arguement (with proper citations) that was very enlighening
(especailly for those of us who think the anti-globalisation folks are full
of shit and just looking for a fight).  And you, as a simpleton, rebuff her
out-of-hand.  You think you're so clever with your insider information ...
but you're not ... you either missed (or ignored) the big picture.

As a very liberal democrat, I keep waiting for the anti-globalisation freaks
to offer an alternative to the status quo ... but you never do.  If they
ever offered the first first idea on how to "better" govern then I would be
their greatest champion ... but all I  ever see is criticizism.

It may not mean much ...but I would like to thank JoAnne.  The perspective
she presented may have been "obvious" to Michael but it was new to me.

david goldschmidt