Ahmed on Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:47:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Your Attn:...

Dear,
I am the group managing director of the Nigeria National Petroleum
Corporation(NNPC) and a
member of the adhoc committee set up by the federal government of Nigeria
to review contracts
awarded by the past military administration between 1985-1993. The members
of the
committee are interested in the importation of goods into the country with
the funds presently
floating in the Central Bank of Nigeria/Nigeria National Petroleum
Corporation(NNPC) foreign
payments account.
Our request is anchored on our strong desire to establish a lasting
business relationship with you
and your company. We hence solicit your partnership to enable us transfer
into your account the
said funds. You have been recommended to us in confidence and we were
assured of your
ability and reliability to prosecute business transaction that require
maximum confidentiality.
Origin of Fund
This fund is presently floating in the Nigeria National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC) foreign
payments account with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). This is as result
of grossly over
invoiced contracts which were executed for the NNPC during the last
administration in Nigeria,
and are presently under verification. To this effect, the present
administration in Nigeria set up an
adhoc committee to identify, scrutinize and recommend for payment all
valid contracts that have
been fully executed.
In the course of our assignment, we have identified a lot of
misappropriated and inflated funds
which are presently floating in the suspense account of the Central Bank
of Nigeria ready for
payment. The companies who executed their contracts have been fully paid.
It is now part of the
over inflated sum of USD25,000,000.00 that we intend to transfer into the
foreign account. I
have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by the members of the
committee to look for
a foreign partner into whose account we could transfer the sum of
USD25,000,000.00 (twenty-
five million US dollars)only. Hence my writing you.
We have agreed to share the funds thus:
(1) 65% for us (the committee members) and (2) 25% for account owner (you)
(3) 10% to be
used in settling taxation and all local and foreign expenses that will be
incured in the course of
this transaction. It is from the 65% that we wish to commence the
importation busines.
Please note that this transaction is 100% safe and guaranteed since the
law under which our
committee was set up has empowered us to disburse all the funds found to
be floating in the
Central Bank of Nigeria redundant account from 1985 till date. We shall
commence the transfer
of the funds immediately we receive the following information .
(1) your banker's name, address, telephone and fax numbers
(2) the account number and name of beneficiary.
The above information are to enable us put up letters of claim and job
description to the
respective ministries for the issuance of the mandatory fund release
approval/recommendations.
This way, you will become recognised and accepted as the beneficiary of
the contract
entitlements before the final remittance to your nominated account by the
Central Bank of
Nigeria being the paying bank.
We are looking forward to doing this business with you and solicit your
absolute confidentiality
in this transaction.
Expecting to hear from you.
Yours faithfully,