Lachlan Brown on Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:10:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [IR2] North West England broadband content dev. grants

	Digital Industries is a not for profit organisation, founded by the
North
	West Development Agency to support, develop and showcase the
strengths and
	expertise of the North West's information and communication
technology
	(ICT) industry.

	If you are involved in Information Technology, New Media, Software
	Development industries, or working in any one of the categories
detailed
	below:

	* Web Design
	* Internet Service Providers
	* Multimedia
	* Hardware consultancy
	* e-Commerce and e-Business
	* Data processing and mining
	* Digital Gaming (including online and mobile gaming)
	* Networking installation companies
	* Digital Broadcasting
	* Database activities
	* 3D Visualisation and Product Design
	* Computer maintenance and repair
	* Software Consultancy & Supply
	* e-Learning
	* Knowledge Management and A.I.
	* Other computer activities

	We would like to keep you up to date with relevant business
opportunities,
	information on grants, relevant trade missions, seminars,
exhibitions and
	training opportunities as they come up.

	We would also like to hear from you about how we could help you in
your
	business.

	To receive further useful information by e-mail that will help
develop your
	business go to http://www.kmpinternet.com/digitalindustries/
<http://www.kmpinternet.com/digitalindustries/>  and fill out
	the registration form.

	In the first instance we have included details about 4 pieces of
news that
	may be of interest to you.

	1 Northwest Broadband Fund
	Applications are invited from North West companies, for grants of up
	£150,000 which target the benefits that Broadband connectivity
offers in
	all industrial and societal activities. These benefits might include
more
	competitive methods of working, doing business to a higher-quality,
	lowering the cost of general interest services or introducing new
forms of
	leisure and entertainment. A clear priority will be given to
Broadband
	connectivity and/or aggregation projects. Appraisal dates for the
grants are: