Collins Amah, Esq on Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:41:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] IMPORT

FROM: Collins Amah, Esq

Freetown, Sierra leone.

REQUEST FOR CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

First, I must solicit your confidence and understanding in this transaction.
I am a very High-Placed government official working with the “Sierra Leone Diamond Mining Corporation” in Freetown, Sierra Leone, West Africa.

My Department (The Treasury Department) is in charge of Managing Diamond Sales Revenue for the Country. The Revenue under our control runs into several Thousands of Millions of Dollars monthly.

Myself and three other colleagues of mine in this department are currently in need of a silent and reliable foreign partner whose bank account we can use to transfer the sum of Thirteen Million Two Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars Only ($13,200,000:00). This fund accrued legitimately (but discretely) to us as “commission” from diamond sales completed through our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted by our offshore funds manager to any foreign Beneficiary submitted by us to them as the receiver of the fund.

However, by virtue of our positions as civil servants in our country, we can not acquire this money in our names, because as high-placed civil servants, we are not allowed by the civil service code-of-conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to our unstable political environment.

I have been delegated, as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner in whose account we would transfer the US$13,200,000:00 for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this mail.

What I am requesting from you are:-

(1) To be our silent, reliable and confidential foreign partner and receive this fund in your account in trust;

(2) Provide a bank under your control to which the funds will be remitted;

(3) Receive the funds in your account, take out your commission and keep the rest of the money until we arrive there to meet you after the transfer is completed.

Our proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (i) 20% to you as commission; and (ii) The remaining 80% belongs to myselg and my other thre colleagues here.

You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the funds hit your bank account. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you can also help us to invest our own share of the money into some profitable ventures in your country. However, this is optional and should it not be convenient for you to further assist us in investing the money, we can end the co-operation after you handover to us our share of the money.

This transaction, although discrete, is quite legitimate and the money will be transferred to your account with all necessary back-up documents showing the legitimate source/origin of funds.

The transfer will be effected to your bank account within seven (7) working days as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable bank account for receiving the money.

I plead with you on one issue. Whether you are interested or not in this proposal, kindly do not expose this information to any one else.

Once again, I confirm that this transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to ourselves or yourself.

Please, give me your urgent response immediately by return MAIL only while I trust that you will keep everything very confidential.

Yours truly,

Collins Amah, Esq.