Lloyd Dunn on Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:49:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 43

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

now available for download, retrograde release no. 7, august 2002:

Retrofuturism 14

direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/r14.pdf

Description. "One Year Into the Art Strike." This being January 1991,
the Persian Gulf War loomed large in the minds of contributors, and
was extensively reflected in the works that appeared in this issue.
The works range from Steve Perkin's opening text 'Desert Storm', to
graphics by Eleutheros Productions, and on to a report on the
activities of the Aggressive School of Cultural Workers that centered
around their anti-Gulf-War art exibit 'Lies in the Sand' held in Iowa
City that month. Less particular to that moment, but no less apt, was
the art-satyrical text 'State of the Art for Today's Artist' by the
Bureau of Control and its accompanying and amusing comic strip.
(Additional works of comic detournement appeared in this issue as
well, the form being all the rage at that moment.) Al Ackerman, whose
welcome deflation of the proceedings through humor were always
eagerly absorbed by our readership, contributed 'The Magic of Bigamy
(An Alternative to Art Strike)'. As we previously warned, Art Strike
1990-1993 makes appearances in other works, and in letters and
commentary that make up this issue.

Contributors include. H. R. Fricker, Stephen Perkins, Eleutheros
Productions, Buzz Art, Don Baker/Jeff Brice, Ralph Johnson, Semiotic
Liberation Front, The Tape-beatles, Gen Ken Montgomery, Black Eye,
Bureau of Control, Cracker Jack Kid, C Schneck, Al Ackerman, Thomas
Wiloch, John Marriot, David Tiffen, Mark Pawson, Ben Allen

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as a
repository for a complete collection of Photostatic Magazine,
Retrofuturism, and Psrf, (as well as related titles) in electronic
form. We are posting issues in PDF format, at more or less regular
intervals, in reverse chronological order to form a mirror image in
time of the original series. When the first issue, dating from 1983,
is finally posted in several year's time, then this electronic
archive will be complete.

issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--