Dr.OKONMA MCGRAHAM on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:41:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] THIS MAIL IS VERY IMPORTANT

Dr. Mcgraham Okonma
ECONOMIC RECOVERY COMMITTEE,
FEDERAL SECRETARIAT,
FALOMO IKOYI,
LAGOS-NIGERIA.

Dear Sir,

BUSINESS PROPOSAL: TRANSFER OF US$ .19.2 M (NINETEEN
MILLION, TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)
& BUSINESS INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP.

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this
transaction,
this is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly confidential
and
top secret as you were introduced to us in confidence through
the Nigerian
Chamber of Commerce, foreign trade division. and if the
contents
of this mail does meet with your approval, i humbly crave your
indulgence.

I am the chairman of the Economic Recovery Committe (ERC) set
up
by the present civilian Government of Nigeria to review
economic
policies of government establishments/parastatals, and find out
ways to reduce waste and maximise revenues allocated to them.

In the course of our work at the ERC, we discovered this fund
which
resulted from gross re-valuation of contracts by top government
officials of the federal ministry of mines & power (FMM&P). The
company that executed the contracts have been duly paid and the
contracts commissioned, leaving the sum of US$19.2 Million
lying
unclaimed in the escrow account of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Upon interogation of the directors of engineering and finance,
who
both happens to be my contemporaries in the university, they
confessed
to me in confidence that they had an agreement with the
original
contractor to revaluate the original contract by 30%,this 30%
which
amounts to USD19.2m was to be their share from the contract,
since
the original contractor was well disposed towards giving them
the
conventional 105 kickback. When I now asked them what they
intended
to do now that my committee has discovered this USD19.2M,
they pleaded to me not to disclose this information to the
government
as they will lose their jobs and their family names destroyed.
was at  a crossroad, as I did not want my friends to suffer for
what other top
government officials do and get away with. I discussed with the
other two members of my committee and we all unanimously agreed
to transfer this fund out and share amongst ourselves.

I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my
colleagues
in the committee to look for an overseas partner to whom we
could
transfer the sum of US$19.2M legally, thereby sub-contracting
the
entitlement to your company. This is bearing in mind that our
civil
service code of conduct forbids us from owning foreign company
or
running foreign account while in government service hence the
need for an overseas
partner. more interesting is that i and my colleagues has
agreed
to handl all the local financial commitment in this transaction
to ensure that your duty will only be your total support and
cooperation.

All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for
the
smooth conclusion of the transaction within ten to fourteen
days of commencement.

Thanks as i wait for your mail soon

Dr. Mcgraham Okonma