atty on Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:31:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] >war time< project open call from OFFLINE and open_digi

Hi nettime-l people,

this is an open call to fellow digital and network media creators by the OFFLINE digital creative association, http://offline.area3.net/map.php, and South London based digital art events group 'open_digi', http://club.net-art.ws, for participation in our project >war time<

today, on the anniversary of the end of biggest human on human killing spree so far, 'WWI', and with less than 30 days till the first trigger point where the US and allies may commence war on Iraq, with many ongoing wars around this world and many people who thought they were 'safe' now being targeted both by state and non-state weapons of terror and mass destruction, we feel it is appropriate to harness our skills, our imaginations and the networks we have amongst us to build a collective reaction to and against war-making, past, present and future.

the >war time< project is conceived firstly as a live performance event, utilizing technologies and networking from the internet, with projections and sound, though contributions should be adaptable subsquently for online presentation.

The interface that will launch individual contributions to >war time< can be seen at http://offline.area3.net/wartime/

The current list of participants can be seen at http://offline.area3.net/wartime/list_PART.php

The first live performance of >war time< will take place on December 13th, 2002 at the Ritzy Cafe in the Ritzy Cinema, Brixton, London UK as the first event of a new open_digi season http://club.net-art.ws/#wartime. Another performance is scheduled for Amsterdam in May 2003 and other venues and dates are being sought.

participation in >war time< is invited from all digital and network media creatives of good will.

you can join the project by completing the form at http://offline.area3.net/wartime/join.php

yours
atty

Contributions should be able to function, including closing the window they are showing from, automatically, without user intervention (though they may also intereact with user input). Contributions are welcome utilizing current standard plugins as well as current HTML browsers (unfortuantely must function as intended in IE). Sound with contributions is very welcome. Contributions should be downloadable online to users with average bandwidth. The length (time) of contributions can be chosen by the contributor as long as not too lonng.