Paul St George on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:12:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Emergent Art

Under the right conditions, complex patterns and sequences emerge
from the interaction of simple events.

Please see my new work called Emergent Art at
http://www.paulstgeorge.com/emergence/

On the left you will see patterns emerge from the interaction of
cells as they obey the rules of Conway's Game of Life.

On the right you will see a different representation of the same
emerging patterns. The square cells are replaced by vertical lines
and the position and colour of the lines are determined according to
the sequences of coloured cells.

I welcome comments, criticism and also any information about other
forms of emergent art.

Thank you.
--
Paul St George