DR. GODWIN CHUKWU on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:00:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] ASSISTANCE NEEDED

Dear Sir,
 I am Dr Godwin B.Chukwu, the chairman of  contract award and
review committee set up by the  federal government of Nigeria under
the new civilian  dispensation to award new contracts and  review
existing ones  I came to know of you in my search for a reliable  and
reputable person to handle a very  confidential transaction, which
involves the transfer  of a huge sum of money to a foreign account.
There  were series of contracts executed by a consortium of
multi-nationals in the oil industry infavor of  N.N.P.C. The original values
 of thesecontracts were  deliberately over invoiced to the sum
of  US$12,320,000.00
(Twelve Million Three Hundred and  Twenty Thousand United State Dollars).
This amount has  now been approved and is now ready to be
transferred  being that the companies that actually executed these
 contracts have been fully Paid and the projects  officially commissioned.
Consequently, my colleagues  and I are willing totransfer the total
amount to  your account for subsequent disbursement, since we as
civil servants are prohibited by the code of conduct  bureau
(civil service law) from operating and/or  opening foreign
accounts in our names.  Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at
this  juncture is enormous, in return, we have agreed to  offer you 20%
of the transferred sum, while 10% shall  be set aside for incidental
expenses (internal and  external) between both parties in the course
of the  transaction you will be mandated to remit the balance  to other
accounts in due course.Modalities have been  worked out at the
highest levelof the Ministry of  Finance and the Central Bank of Nigeria
 for the  immediate transfer of the funds within 7 working  days subject
 to your satisfaction of the above stated  terms.Our assurance is that your role is risk free.  To accord this transaction the legality it deserves  and for mutual security of the funds the whole  approval procedures will officially and legally  processed with your name or the name of any company  you may nominate as the bonefide beneficiary.Once  more I want you to understand that having put in over  twenty-five years in the civil service of my country,  I am averse to having my image and career dented.  This matter should therefore be treated with utmost  secrecy and urgency it deserves.Please you should  signify your intention to assist by sending me a  reply to this email to state your position on  this transaction, if favorable we will take further  steps to brief you the full details of this  viable transaction.I want to assure you that this  business proposal is100% risk free as we have done  our homework properly.I quite believe that you will  protect our interest by!
 taking this deal strictly  confidential, as we are still in government service, which we intend to retire from in full honor. Kindly  expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include this transfer in the next batch which  would constitute the first quarter payments for the 2003 financial year.

Thank you and God bless.

Dr.Godwin B.Chukwu.

NB.You are the only person I have contacted for now. Please let me know your capabilities as regards my proposal, as I do not intend to contact any other person, until I am convinced that you are not capable to assist me.