OWEN MUABNE on Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:29:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] THANKS

  Good Day,
  With warm heart I offer my friendship, and my greetings, and I hope
  this letter meets you in good time. It will be surprising  to you to
  receive this proposal from me since you do not know me personally.
  However, I am sincerely seeking your confidence in this transaction,
  which I propose with my free mind and as a person of integrity.
  My name is  Owen Mubane, the first son of Mapele Mubane, of the
  most popular black farmer  from Zimbabwe, murdered in the land
  dispute in my country. As led by my instict, I decided to contact you
  through email, after searching  for contacts via the internet, as it
  is the only means I can contact anybody since I am cutting off ties
  with Zimbabwe for security and safety reasons.  However, I apologize
  if this is not acceptable to you.
  The purpose of this letter is to seek your most needed assistance in
  a business venture. Due to the land and political problems in
  Zimbabwe, as a result of President Robert Mugabe's introduction of
  new Land Act Reform wholly affecting the rich white farmers and the
  few rich black farmers, and his desire to hold on to power for life,
  my father for saw the danger that came in Zimbabwe. Before he was
  murdered, he withdrew all of our business foreign accounts in dollars
  and sold up our shares in major companies. We then went to
  SOUTH AFRICA  to deposit the sum of US$14.5 million
  (Fourteen million, Five Hundred thousand US dollars), in a private
  security company. This money was deposited with this Private Security
  company for safety and security reasons, and  was to be used for the
  purchase of land, new machines and chemicals establishment of new
  farms in Europe.
  President Mugabe's support for the violent  Zimbabwean war veterans
  and some lunatics in the society, led to the murder of my beloved
  father and other innocent lives. I was continually threatened to
  abandon my inheritance from my father after he was murdered. I
  resited for a while, but when the danger became unbearable, and I
  survived two murder attempts, I fled Zimbabwe.
  I am currently staying in the Netherlands where I am seeking
  political asylum. In fact my decision to come here to seek asylum, is
  because the security company from South Africa, has a branch here,
  and they have moved the deposit from their office in Johannesburg down
  here. I need to transfer this money to  an account and invest part of
  the money. Since the law of Netherlands prohibits a refugee (asylum
  seeker) to open any bank account or to be involved in any financial
  transaction, this is why  I am seeking a genuine and reliable
  partner, whose account this money can be transferred, hence this
  proposal to you.You have to understand that this decision taken by me
  entrusts my future and in your hands, as a result of the safe keeping
  of this money. If you accept to assist me, all I want you to do for
  me, is to assist with arrangements to claim the deposit from the
  security company from their office here in The Netherlands, as it has
  now been transfered from Johannesburg, South Afri!
  ca to their branch here. The company will be legally informed of you
  representing me.
  For your assistance, I have two options for you. Firstly you can
  choose to have 10% of the money for your assistance, and helping me
  open an account for the money to be deposited here, or you can go
  into partnership with me for the proper profitable investment of the
  money in your country. Whichever the option you want, please to
  notify me in your reply.
  I have also set aside 1%($145,000,00) of this money for all kinds of
  expenses that come our way in the process of this transaction, and 4%
  ($580,000,00) for Charity donation. If you prefer to accept the 10%
  for assisting with opening an account, then 85%will be left in the
  account here for me.
  Please, I want you maintain the absolute secrecy for the purpose
  of this transaction.
  I look forward to your reply and co-operation, and I thank you in
  advance as I anticipate your co-operation.You can reach me on my
  direct line which is 31 613 444 535 or via email
  owenmubane1000@rediffmail.com.
  Sincerely,
  Owen Mubane.