Paul D. Miller on Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:05:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: nettime William Gibsons Pattern Recognition andEthnomathematics (Re: nettime-l-digest V1 #1069)

J - you're kind of right. Yes, I did do the ads, and yes, I've done
others. I also try to get other kinds of information out.

My name is Paul D. Miller. Dj Spooky is a conceptual art project, not
a "gaseous" situation. If you have more of an idea of the notion of
how pop culture works, think of it as a hybrid of what Marcel Duchamp
was working on with the "Rrose C'est La Vie" persona, or Andy Warhol.
Just metaphors, but metaphors that work in a large scale global
environment. The phrases I used were samples taken from

1. Saul Williams single with Dj Krust "Coded language"

2. a couple of old hip-hop singles...

if you'd like to compare notes on how people use this kind of
quotation in hip-hop vernacular, and many other forms of folk
culture, I'd be more than happy to dialog 'bout it.

there's a relatively shrill and annoying sheen to your comments, and
if you'd like to dialog rather than have some annoying rant about
stuff you don't know about, I'm open, otherwise - fuck off.